End User License Agreements (EULAs)
PsyOps Type Foundry License Agreements
PO Single-UserPSY/OPS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
By downloading and/or installing PSY/OPS Font software you agree to the following user license terms:
1. The PSY/OPS Font Software is licensed for use at one (1) location with a maximum of six (6) devices. For example: five (5) CPUs and one (1) printer.
2. Use of the PSY/OPS Font Software at more than one (1) location or with more than six (6) devices requires a Multi-device Site License upgrade. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. A device may be, but is not limited to, a printer, rasterizer, video display terminal, CPU, workstation or any device where the font software is rasterized or display of the PSY/OPS Font is generated from font software outlines using Adobe Type Manager or similar software. For example, a display terminal shall be considered a device if the PSY/OPS Font outline is embedded or otherwise included for viewing by end users in a multimedia CD.
3. Except as permitted herein, you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise copy the PSY/OPS Font Software.
4. You are permitted to make a single back-up copy. The PSY/OPS Font Software or documentation may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to another person or entity.
5. The PSY/OPS Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and PSY/OPS is notified within one (1) week of purchase.
6. You agree that any derivative works created by you from the PSY/OPS Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under U.S. Law and use of the derivative work is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without written permission from PSY/OPS. PSY/OPS shall not be responsible for unauthorized, modified and/or regenerated software or derivative works. Embedding of the PSY/OPS Fonts Software in any form is strictly prohibited without an additional license.
7. The PSY/OPS Font Software is protected under domestic and international trademark and copyright law. You agree to identify the PSY/OPS fonts by name and credit PSY/OPS' ownership of the trademarks and copyrights in any design or production credits.
8. Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law and equity, you agree to immediately return the Font Software to PSY/OPS and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
9. PSY/OPS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PSY/OPS SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO THE LICENSED USER OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PSY/OPS' LIABILITY EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF THE SOFTWARE.*
FONT EMBEDDING Embedding of the PSY/OPS Font Software in digital documents or in any other form is governed by a separate license agreement. If an embedding license is desired, the licensee must represent and warrant that licensee's encryption of the embedded PSY/OPS Fonts is secure enough to prevent any access or use by others. For more information regarding an Embedding License go to: http://www.psyops.com/html/i_lic_embedding.html
LICENSE UPGRADES The PSY/OPS Font Software is licensed for use at a single location for use with a maximum of six (6) devices. For example: (1) printer with up to five (5) CPUs. The PSY/OPS Font Software may not be shared between locations or business entities. Each additional location and/or entity must purchase a separate license to be used in accordance with the terms of the PSY/OPS Font Software License. License upgrades may be purchased for use with additional devices. The upgrade price is calculated as a percentage of the base price of the software. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. The following is cumulative:
• 1-6 devices (base price)
• 7-12 devices: add 50 percent
• 13-60 devices: add 20% for each 6 devices
• 61-150 devices: add 15% for each 6 devices
• 151-300 devices: add 10% for each 6 devices
• over 300 devices: add 5% for each 6 devices
Very large or unlimited uses of the PSY/OPS Font Software will require a custom license agreement.
PSY/OPS Type Foundry | 944 Market Street, Suite 504, San Francisco, CA 94102 | 888-PSY-FONE
PSY Webfont EULAEnd User Licence Agreement for PsyOps Webfonts (WOFF/EOT)
This end user Licence Agreement (hereinafter "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you, or, if you represent a legal entity, that legal entity (hereinafter "You") and PsyOps (hereinafter "PsyOps"), and is applicable to the Font Software that is accompanied by this Agreement or that You have ordered online.
By downloading the Font Software or, if You purchased it not online, by installing the Font Software or by opening the package, You agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If You do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not download, install, or use the Font Software. If You have purchased Font Software in a sealed retail package and do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, return it unopened to the place of purchase.
"Font Software" means coded software that is accompanied by this Agreement or that You have ordered online and that generates typeface designs when used with the appropriate hard- and software, plus any and all other data including documentation provided with such software.
"Licensed Unit" means installations of the Font Software that allow the design of Your Websites which have - based on any six consecutive calendar months - not more than the overall monthly average of Pageviews stated on Your invoice for the purchase of the Font Software. If no number of Pageviews is given on your invoice, the licensed number of Pageviews is 500,000 per month. If Your Websites averages (based on a period of six consecutive calendar months) at any given time in the future more than the licensed number of Pageviews per month, You must purchase an extended licence from PsyOps or its authorized distributors.
"Use" means to design Your own personal or business Website with the typeface embodied in the Font Software and to make accessible the Font Software together with Your Website on a web server in order to enable a web browser to render the content of such a Website using the respective Font Software. Use does not include the behaviour set forth in Clause 2.2. below.
"Website" as used here is a connected group of related web pages which form an entity whose content is managed by You, and which are organized under a particular domain name, including sub-domains. The Website can be viewed either over Your local area network or over the Internet. For the avoidance of doubt, web pages on sub-domains whose content is managed by other persons are deemed to be not part of Your Website.
"Pageview" is each request to load a single page of each of Your Websites. Pageviews - also referred to as page impressions or page requests - must be recorded by a commonly accepted or recognized performance tracking system. PsyOps reserves the right to request written copies of your average Pageview reporting statistics.
2. Grant of Licence and Restrictions
2.1. Grant of Licence. PsyOps grants You a non-exclusive licence to Use the Font Software in a Licensed Unit for Your own personal or business purposes according to the terms of this Agreement. If the average number of Pageviews under which the Font Software is Used exceeds the amount set forth in the Licensed Unit, then You must request from PsyOps or its authorized distributors an appropriate licence extension covering all Pageviews; an additional fee will be charged for this licence extension.
2.2. Restriction of Use. You are not allowed to copy, distribute or make the Font Software available to third parties so that they can use it for their purposes or for purposes other than the display of Your Websites. In particular (but not limited to), You are not allowed (i) to disseminate or make available the Font Software or parts of it through any online service or a file sharing platform or (ii) to sublicense the Font Software to third parties so that they can use it for their websites (even though such websites are hosted under Your domain name), e. g. for websites in social networks, for individual online shops under a common domain name, in blogging communities, by online editors, as a design tool, etc. If You wish to use the Font Software for such purposes, You must obtain a special licence from PsyOps or its authorized distributors.
2.3. No Embedding. You may not embed the Font Software in any documents (e. g. pdf documents), applications or devices other than your Websites. You may not use the Font Software for other services that are rendering the fonts, e. g. pre-press, plotting, exposing, etc. If You wish to use the Font Software for such purposes, You must obtain a separate pre-press font licence from PsyOps or its authorized distributors.
2.4. Backup. You may make backup copies of the Font Software for archival purposes only, provided that You retain exclusive custody and control over such copies. Any backup copy of the Font Software must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary information as the original.
2.5. Modifications. You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter, or attempt to discover the source code of the Font Software except as expressly provided for in this Clause 2 and the Definition of Use. If You want to make modifications to the Font Software, You must obtain the prior written consent of PsyOps.
The Font Software, and all copies thereof, is protected by the United States Copyright Law, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties. Any copyright, trademark and other rights belong exclusively to PsyOps. You do not gain the ownership of the Font Software or any part hereof under this Agreement. The structure, organization, and the code of the Font Software are trade secrets of PsyOps, and You agree to treat them as such.
4. Transfer of Licence
Except as expressly provided herein, You may not give, rent or lease or make available the Font Software or parts of it to third parties. You may completely transfer Your licence right to Use the Font Software to another person or legal entity provided that (i) You stop Using the Font Software Yourself, (ii) the transferee accepts and agrees in writing (with copy to PsyOps) to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and (iii) You destroy all of Your copies of the Font Software, including all copies stored in the memory of a hardware device.
5. Limitation of Liability
If the Font Software does not perform substantially in accordance with the pertaining documentation, the entire and exclusive liability of PsyOps shall be limited to either, at PsyOps's option, the replacement of the Font Software or the refund of the licence fee You paid for the Font Software. PsyOps and its suppliers do not warrant the performance or results You may obtain by using the Font Software. PsyOps and its suppliers make no warranties express or implied, as to non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event will PsyOps or its suppliers be liable to You for any consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or lost savings, even if a PsyOps representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party. This warranty does not affect any claims You might have against Your retailer.
6. Export Restriction
You agree that the Font Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other applicable export laws, restrictions or regulations.
PsyOps has the right to terminate Your licence immediately if You fail to comply with any term of this Agreement. Upon termination, You must destroy the original and any copies of the Font Software.
8. General provisions
You agree to inform all users who have access to the Font Software about the content of this Agreement and to make sure that they comply with the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of PsyOps.
9. Governing Law
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of USA. This agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If any part of this agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.