We are continually on the lookout for people interested in type design and font engineering / technology. Throughout the year, we offer internships in the FontFont Type Department. So, if you are still studying or have recently graduated and have an interest in typography and design, we would be delighted to hear from you.
During the internship, your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Testing fonts in Windows and Mac OS (e. g. producing and analyzing hardcopies, using and checking the OpenType Layout features)
- Technical and visual quality testing of fonts and the font source data
- Outline corrections for font updates
- Hinting of PostScript outlines
- Developing and improving test documents
- Kerning and language area research
- Produce font overviews and showings
- Prepare, design and execute competition entries, animations, illustrations etc.
- You will also gain an insight into the professional production of fonts at FontFont.
Length of internship: six months, based in our Berlin office
Start date: ongoing
Language: The office language is German, you will therefore require a conversational knowledge of German.
If you’d like to apply, please send your application with a CV and examples of your work to:
Manager CP Font Production