Created by Neville Brody and Erik Spiekermann (who is one of this year's facilitators), TYPO Berlin started back in the early 1990s and has evolved into one of the hottest design conferences in Europe. Taking place over the course of three days, there is a whole host of workshops, events and talks that you can attend. This year’s speakers include Aaron James Draplin, Gemma O’Brien, Christoph Niemann and Swiss Miss. View all TYPO 2015 speakers.
We have one ticket up for grabs and to be with a chance of winning all you have to do is: Use our ‘TryOut’ feature to create a postcard for us. On the postcard include a message using your favorite font from FontShop.com telling us what character – the theme of this year’s conference – means to you. Tweet @fontshop and @typober with a link to your postcard using the hashtag #takemetotypo15
We will then pick one winner at random.
*The prize is a ticket for the conference for three days and does not include travel or accommodation, so please ensure that you are able to make and finance your own travel arrangements to Berlin. Multiple entries are welcome.
1. The host of this competition is Monotype GmbH, Berlin Office, Bergmannstr. 102, 10961 Berlin, Germany (“Monotype”). The participation is for free and independent of buying an item or service. By participating in this competition you accept the conditions thereof.
2. All persons aged 18 and over are entitled to participate. Employees of Monotype and their relatives are not permitted to enter the competition.
4. How to participate: • Using our ‘TryOut’ feature (https://www.fontshop.com/tryout/templates/postcard) create a postcard for us • On the postcard include a message using your favorite font from FontShop.com telling us what character – the theme of this year’s conference – means to you. • Tweet @fontshop and @typober with a link to your postcard using the hashtag #takemetotypo15 • Multiple entries are welcome.
5. The competition starts at 13.04.2015. Deadline for submitting a postcard (“content”), is 22.04.2015. All submitted content may be published on our websites and social media channels.
6. The winner will be chosen at random. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded. The winner will be notified through e-mail at the end of the competition. The winner receives a ticket for the conference TYPO Berlin 2015 for three days. The prize does not include any travel expenses. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
7. By submitting content to the competition, you represent that you own all the rights, title and interest in such content. You further represent that the uploaded content is not offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful. You retain your rights to any content you submit to the competition. By submitting, you grant Monotype a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed) as far as this is necessary to provide the fontfont.com-services. In the event of a breach of the aforementioned obligations, you will release Monotype from all claims, damages, losses and costs, including the costs for a necessary and appropriate legal defense.
8. Monotype reserves the right to modify these terms & conditions at any time or to discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the competition itself.
9. The agreement entered into between you and Monotype by accepting these terms & conditions is subject to German law and for all purposes shall be interpreted and construed in its entirety in accordance with the laws of Germany. The courts of Frankfurt/Main, Germany, shall be the exclusive forum for any disputes arising out of or related to this agreement.