Font Software For Web Content End User License Agreement.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRINT THIS FONT SOFTWARE FOR WEB CONTENT END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR FURTHER REFERENCE.
This Font Software For Web Content End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Monotype that governs the use of the Font Software that you license from a Monotype affiliated website, and which are accompanied by or refer to this Agreement. This Agreement becomes a binding contract between you and Monotype when you click on the area marked “ACCEPT LICENSE AGREEMENT,” or similar language or when you accept the Agreement by other means (for instance referring to the Agreement in a purchase order, a confirmation email etc.). If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot access, Use or download the Font Software. Please read this entire Agreement before agreeing to be bound. The Agreement contains capitalized terms that are defined in Section 9 of the Agreement.
You hereby agree to the following:
1. Binding Agreement. You are bound by the Agreement and you acknowledge that all use of the Font Software sup-plied to you by Monotype for the purposes set forth under this Agreement is governed by this Agreement.
2. License Grants. You are hereby granted, during the Term and subject to all of the terms and conditions herein, a worldwide (subject to the Export section of Monotype's standard Terms and Conditions of Business), non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license to:
• install the Font Software on a Server, solely to generate content on a Website for up to the number of Page Views indicated in your Account or transaction documentation such as a quotation or an invoice;
• allow users of your Website to type text on that website through Use of the Font Software (e.g. in form fields, cus-tomer feedback etc.) solely for transactional or marketing purposes; and
• make backup copies of the Font Software, provided that such copies are for your internal back up purposes only and remain in your exclusive control. Any copies that you are expressly permitted to make pursuant to this Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Font Software.
Trademarks. Although use of the Trademarks is not required, if you elect to do so, you may use the Trademarks (i) in your advertising, publicity, literature, packaging and other promotional activities in connection with the Font Software incorporated into your products or materials, and (ii) to identify the Font Software that is/are embedded in or accessed through your products or materials as permitted by this Agreement, in each case subject to the requirements set forth at http://www.monotype.com/legal/trademarks/guidelines/. You acknowledge that Monotype or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Trademarks.
All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to Monotype.
3. License Limitations and Reporting.
• If your Website Using the Font Software is accessed in excess of the number of Page Views licensed in your Ac-count or transaction documentation such as a quotation or an invoice, you must either cease using the Font Soft-ware or purchase an extended license from Monotype or its authorized distributors.
• This license does not allow the Font Software (i) to be embedded in a Web Based Customer Product (e.g. a web server application, SaaS or other online product); (ii) to be used for authoring purposes (e.g. in an application that provides office functionality such as word processing or presentation design or that allows users to create graphic designs or merchandising).
• Businesses or organizations such as advertising agencies, design agencies or hosting providers that are respon-sible for multiple of its own or its clients’ Websites must enter into separate Agreements for each Website.
• You have licensed rights in this Agreement that may be subject to certain limitations in volume, which are reflect-ed in your Account or in your transaction documentation such as a quotation or an invoice. You are obligated to maintain records with respect to your Use of the Font Software against such licensed amounts and Monotype has the right to ask you, from time to time, to provide information regarding such Use amounts and/or to fully docu-ment and certify that Use of any and all Font Software at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid li-censes from Monotype, which you shall provide to us within 30 days of our request. In the event your Use of the Font Software exceeds your licensed amounts, you agree to license from Monotype the necessary additional amounts and pay any fee associated with such increase.
4. Restrictions on Use. You may not:
• Transfer your license rights in the Font Software, except as expressly provided herein. You may transfer all your rights to use the Font Software to another person or legal entity provided that (i) the transferee accepts and agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions of the Agreement, (ii) you destroy all copies of the Font Soft-ware, including all copies stored in the memory of a hardware device and (iii) there is no change to the intent or scope of the rights granted by this Agreement as a result of such transfer.
• Rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Font Software, or any copy thereof, except as express-ly provided herein.
• Modify the Font Software in any way, including to create, directly or indirectly, Derivative Works from the Font Software or any portion thereof (except as otherwise specifically set forth herein). If the Font Software contains embedding bits that indicate that the Font Software is only authorized for certain purposes, you may not change or alter the embedding bits.
• Embed the Font Software in open source software which may have the direct or indirect effect of causing the Font Software to become Publicly Available Software or otherwise be subject to a Publicly Available Software agree-ment.
5. Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights.
• You agree that the Font Software is protected by the copyright law or other intellectual and industrial property rights of the United States and its various States, by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of other nations, and by international treaties.
• You agree that Monotype and or/its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Font Software, its struc-ture, organization, code, and related files, including all intellectual and industrial property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights.
• You agree that the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of Mon-otype and/or its licensors and that any intentional or negligent Use of the Font Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes an infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights.
• All rights in and to the Font Software, including unpublished rights, are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions.
6. Limited Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
Monotype warrants to you that the Font Software will effect a faithful repro-duction of the underlying typeface design which is of a quality consistent with industry standards. To make a warranty claim, you must notify Monotype in text form within the Warranty Period, which could include via an email to [email protected]
and provide sufficient information regarding your licensing of the Font Software so as to enable Monotype to verify the existence and date of the transaction. The entire, exclusive and cumulative liability and remedy shall be that Monotype will use reasonable efforts to cause the Font Software to effect a faithful reproduction of the underlying typeface design which is of a quality consistent with industry standards as soon as commercially practica-ble. MONOTYPE DOES NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE FONT SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR MONOTYPE'S BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, MONOTYPE MAKES NO REPRE-SENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL MONOTYPE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF MONOTYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF MONOTYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall remain in place for the length of the Term set forth in your Account or transaction document, such as an invoice or email. This Agreement shall automatically renew for additional terms of equal length to the initial Term, unless either party provides the other party with written notice of termination before the end date of the then-current term. Upon failure by you to comply with the terms of this Agreement, Monotype shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement upon notice by regular mail, paid carrier or email. Upon termination of the Agreement, you must destroy the original and any and all copies of the Font Software. The termination of the Agree-ment shall not preclude Monotype from suing you for damages of any breach of the Agreement. The Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of Monotype.
8. Terms and Conditions. You have separately agreed to Monotype's standard Terms and Conditions of Business which include provisions relating to governing law and jurisdiction, export restrictions and U.S. government contracts. In the case of a conflict between Monotype's standard Terms and Conditions of Business and this Agreement, this Agreement shall control.
“Account” means your account at the Monotype affiliated website through which you purchased the Font Software license that is subject to the terms of this Agreement (such as, www.fonts.com, www.linotype.com, www.fontshop.com, www.myfonts.com, www.typography.com, www.monotype.com, www.fontsmith.com).
“Editing” means any input of text that is displayed using the Font Software. For the avoidance of doubt, Editing includes the insertion of text into a form field.
“Font Software” means software or instructions which, when used on an appropriate device or devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Font Software shall include all Subsets and bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Font Software. Font Software includes upgrades or updates (each of which may be provided to you by Monotype in its sole discretion), related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation.
“Monotype” means collectively Monotype Imaging Inc., its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations (including without limitation, Monotype GmbH, Monotype Ltd., Monotype K.K. and MyFonts, Inc.), its authorized distributors, and any third party that has licensed to Monotype any or all of the components of the Font Software supplied to you pursuant to the Agreement. “Monotype” is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Page View” means a single request to load a particular web page of your Website. For the avoidance of doubt, each visit to or display of a web page is a Page View, regardless of whether such visit or display is unique. Page Views – also referred to as page impressions or page requests – must be recorded by a commonly accepted or recognized performance tracking system.
“Publicly Available Software” means a) any software that contains, or is derived in any manner (in whole or in part) from, any software that is distributed as free software, open source software (e.g. Linux) or similar licensing or distribution models; and (b) any software that requires as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution of such software that such software or other software incorporated into, derived from or distributed with such software (i) be disclosed or distributed in source code form, (ii) be licensed for the purpose of making Derivative Works, or (iii) be redistributable at no charge.
“Server” means any server that is either (a) maintained on your premises; (b) under your exclusive control; or (c) owned and controlled by a third party hosting service for your benefit, provided that you (i) have a written agreement regarding the Use and protection of the Font Software installed on such server, and (ii) shall remain responsible for any unauthorized access to and security of the Font Software on such Server.
“Term” means the length of time this license will remain in place as set forth in your Account or in your transaction documentation such as a quotation or an invoice.
“Trademarks” means the trademark as set forth at www.monotype.com/legal/trademarks for each piece of Font Software licensed under this Agreement or under which Monotype markets the Font Software.
“Use” of or “Using” the Font Software shall occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides. “Use” of the Font Software shall also occur when the software or instructions are executed.
“Warranty Period” means the period of validity of the warranties given by Monotype in this Agreement. Monotype's standard Warranty Period is ninety (90) days from delivery. If you enter into this agreement through the Monotype affiliate Monotype GmbH and the agreement is governed by the laws of Germany, the warranty period is twelve (12) months from delivery.
“Web Based Customer Product” means anything, other than web pages of your Website, created by Use of the Font Software which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) in exchange for a separate fee or other consideration.
“Website” means one web site domain name (i.e., a collection of web pages, images, videos or other digital assets that are hosted on one or more web servers, accessed from a common root Uni-form Resource Identifier (URI)) which: (i) is owned by you or under your control; (ii) Uses or ac-cesses the Font Software in its web pages; (iii) does not in any way enable the permanent instal-lation of the Font Software by Website visitors on any printer or display which displays a screen image created by Use of or access to the Font Software; and (iv) reasonably restricts access to Font Software from Use or access by web pages or any document not originating from such Website.
Monotype Font Software For Web Content End User License Agreement (v220701)