MRF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
By downloading and/or installing MRF Font software you agree to the following user license terms:
1. The MRF Font Software is licensed for use at one (1) location with a maximum of six (6) devices. For example: five (5) CPUs and one (1) printer.
2. Use of the MRF Font Software at more than one (1) location or with more than six (6) devices requires a Multi-device Site License upgrade. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. A device may be, but is not limited to, a printer, rasterizer, video display terminal, CPU, workstation or any device where the font software is rasterized or display of the MRF Font is generated from font software outlines using Adobe Type Manager or similar software. For example, a display terminal shall be considered a device if the MRF Font outline is embedded or otherwise included for viewing by end users in a multimedia CD.
3. Except as permitted herein, you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise copy the MRF Font Software.
4. You are permitted to make a single back-up copy. The MRF Font Software or documentation may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to another person or entity.
5. The MRF Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and MRF is notified within one (1) week of purchase.
6. You agree that any derivative works created by you from the MRF Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under U.S. Law and use of the derivative work is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without written permission from MRF. MRF shall not be responsible for unauthorized, modified and/or regenerated software or derivative works. Embedding of the MRF Fonts Software in any form is strictly prohibited without an additional license.
7. The MRF Font Software is protected under domestic and international trademark and copyright law. You agree to identify the MRF fonts by name and credit MRF’ ownership of the trademarks and copyrights in any design or production credits.
8. Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law and equity, you agree to immediately return the Font Software to MRF and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
9. MRF MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MRF SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO THE LICENSED USER OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MRF’ LIABILITY EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF THE SOFTWARE.*
Embedding of the MRF Font Software in digital documents or in any other form is governed by a separate license agreement. If an embedding license is desired, the licensee must represent and warrant that licensee’s encryption of the embedded MRF Fonts is secure enough to prevent any access or use by others.
The MRF Font Software is licensed for use at a single location for use with a maximum of six (6) devices. For example: (1) printer with up to five (5) CPUs. The MRF Font Software may not be shared between locations or business entities. Each additional location and/or entity must purchase a separate license to be used in accordance with the terms of the MRF Font Software License. License upgrades may be purchased for use with additional devices. The upgrade price is calculated as a percentage of the base price of the software. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. The following is cumulative:
• 1-6 devices (base price)
• 7-12 devices: add 50%
• 13-60 devices: add 20% for each 6 devices
• 61-150 devices: add 15% for each 6 devices
• 151-300 devices: add 10% for each 6 devices
• over 300 devices: add 5% for each 6 devices
Very large or unlimited uses of the MRF Font Software will require a custom license agreement.